Corehttp is known to have security vulnerabilities to attacks such as buffer overflows. It is no longer under active development. Please do not use it for anything but personal academic study. It is not safe to deploy online. As a project hosted by SourceForge, it will remain online and perhaps the code may be useful for learning purposes.
This project is designed to be a minimalist http server focusing on speed and size. The following is a list of some features of this web server:
- Non-blocking asynchronous I/O handling
- Single-process poll/select client concurrency model with no forking, no threads, for portability and efficiency
- Robust, secure construction
- Daemon (server) process
- Support for CGI content without being entangled with it
- Lots of configuration options without slowing the program down
% tar zxvf corehttp*tar.gz
% cd corehttp/src
% sudo make install
% cd ..
% man corehttp
% vi chttp.conf
% corehttp chttp.conf
% firefox localhost